Thursday, December 10, 2015

Journal #7: Professional Learning Network


Over the past few weeks of the course, I have really utilized by twitter and RSS feeds.  I found that twitter, for me, was the best and easiest way (and by easy i mean most efficient) way to get involved and follow along with some PLNs.  Some of the ones I followed or checked most often are called ALiEM, which shares a group of ideas on podcasts, blogs, and other educational material, and FOAM_highlights, which stands for Free Open Access Medicine.  These two were great in the sense that you can comment on peoples posts, and on the videos, links, pictures, podcasts and blogs that were shared among those following along in the group.  Not only did my involvement allow me to find important topics to discuss and share, but people began to follow me as well, and listen and watch the things that I felt were important to share, and so it really became a wonderful interactive experience.  

I think PLNs are a great way to really concentrate a lot of information for a specific topic, and provide a great avenue for interaction and sharing among those involved in the group.   As far as for my blog, I decided to begin a simulation blog, as this is something that i love and do best, and it has also attracted a lot of readers.  I wish that i could blog more often, but time permitting, in the future, hope that this will be something that I continue to pursue and provide ideas about simulation education to my colleagues in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment